Things You'll Need:
- 18 years or older
- Valid Driver’s License
- Complete and submit an application for employment with the City of Phoenix.
- Study, take, and score the highest possible on the written test. Use the study guide that is given out when an application is submitted.
- Get your name onto the "Applicant Eligibilty List". The list is made up from the applicants who successfully complete the written test.
- Work on your interviewing skills and sit for the first oral board interview. Only appilcants who pass the first interview will invited back for the second. The questions asked at the first interview will be made availible to the appilcant 15 minutes before the interview.
- The second interview will require you to show proof of an EMT-B Liscense and successful completion of a Candidate Physical Ability Test(CPAT) within the last year.
- Sucessfully complete a comprehensive background investigation.
- Pass a medical examination, fitness exam, and pre-employment drug screening.
- The Phoenix Fire Department has a residency requirement that must be met within 2 years of employment.
- No tobbacco use of any form.