The Taylor Fire Department is beginning the process of creating an eligibility list for probationary firefighters in anticipation of filling several vacancies.
Applications will be available on the Human Resources tab of the City of Taylor Website beginning on January 1, 2014.
The TFD is seeking motivated individuals to fill these posts. All interested people must submit an application to the City of Taylor's Clerk's Office by 4 p.m. Monday, January 20, 2014. The Clerk's Officde is located at City Hall, 23555 Goddard Road, Taylor, MI, 48180. Applicants must provide a current CWW Firefighter Testing Program written report and Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) scores with their application.
Minimum requirements include:
- Firefighter II certification-Michigan or equivalent
- Passing current CWW written and CPAT test scores at time of application
- Licensed State of Michgian Paramedic or be currently enrolled in State of Michigan Paramedic program
- NOTE: Successful licensing as a State of Michigan Paramedic is a requirement of probationary period completion
- Applicants will be required to pass a background investigation
- NOTE: Includes driving record, psychological and medical exams
Applications will be available at www.cityoftaylor.com/hr beginning on January 1.
For more information, anyone interested should contact Deputy Fire Chief Dan Reynolds by telephone at (734) 374-1355 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Taylor considers all applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, gender disability, marital status, family status, age, sexual orientation and gender identity.