Things you need:
- 18 Years or older
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma
- US citizenship
- Excellent physical condition
- To be considered for employment as a Cincinnati Firefighter every candidate must complete an application with the City of Cincinnati. Complete the application online and only when the city is accepting applications for Firefighters.
- Successfully complete a written exam. Only the top scorers will be asked to continue with the hiring process.
- Complete the physical ability test. The test will be conducted by City Human Resources and Fire Department personnel. The test is pass/fail. Applicants must pass to continue with the hiring process.
- An Oral Board will be conducted.
- Successfully complete a background and polygraph examination.
- Once a contingent offer is giving to an applicant, they applicant must pass a physical and drug screen.
- Fire recruits will complete 24 weeks of paid training by the department.
- All fire recruits must complete one year as a probationary firefighter.
- Fire recruit salary is $34,000 a year and the Firefighter salary is between $45,000 and $57,000 a year.
- Apply online and only once. You do need an email to get your confirmation page and application id number.
- Military service credits are given only to Ohio residents for honorable service.