Closing Date - 10/23/2009
Salary RangeStarting salar - $40,247.09 annually.
Description - The City of Lincoln Park is now accepting applications for examination to establish an eligibility list for future Probationary Fire Fighter positions in accordance with the following:PRIOR APPLICATIONS SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS EXAMINATION.
- Be legally employable in the United States.Be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Physical Standards: Height and weight must be proportional. The City’s Health Officer may reject any candidate believed to have a physical weakness or handicap which would prohibit the applicant from successfully performing the rigorous duties of a Fire Fighter. Vision may be corrected to 20/20 for each eye.
- Character: An arrest, poor driving record, poor school or work record, addiction to alcoholic liquors, drugs and/or narcotics, immaturity, etc. may result in rejection.
- Evaluation: Successful completion of the listed written and physical agility/ability tests, multiple oral interviews, psychological testing, and a pre-employment physical with drug screen.
- Background Check: Applicants must consent to submit to a full background check.
Additional Information - Submit photocopy/proof of the items listed below with your completed City of Lincoln Park “Employment Application Form”:
- Valid Michigan Drivers license.
- An Accredited High School Diploma, GED or Military GED.
- MFFTC/OFFT Firefighter I Certificate.
- MFFTC/OFFT Firefighter II Certificate.
- MFFTC/OFFT Hazardous Materials Awareness Certificate.
- MFFTC/OFFT Hazardous Materials Operations Certificate.
- Current Michigan Paramedic License.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Certificate
- Resume (Curriculum Vitae, if appropriate) with coversheet and letters of recommendation (preferably professional).