ANNUAL PAY RANGE $42,889.60 to $60,756.80 (subject to negotiations)
LAST DATE TO FILE APPLICATIONS: Applications for this examination must be received at the office of the Civil Service Department, 33000 Civic Center Drive, Livonia, MI 48154, no later than 5:00 p.m, Friday, February 19, 2016, in order to be accepted. The telephone number is (734) 466-2530.
QUALIFICATIONS By the closing date of the announcement, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of the United States or a resident alien with the right to work in the United States.
- Have a high school diploma or valid equivalency certificate. Applicants will have two (2) points for a Bachelor’s Degree, or one (1) point for an Associate’s Degree, in a Fire Science or an EMS curriculum, added to their final score.
- Hold a current State of Michigan Paramedic License or National Registry EMT - Paramedic and be ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certified, or currently enrolled in a Paramedic/ACLS curriculum.
- Possess or be in the process of obtaining the Conference of Western Wayne Firefighter Written and Physical Agility Test Certificates. THE AGILITY TEST CERTIFICATE MUST HAVE BEEN ISSUED IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT. Candidates must have passed both tests to proceed to the next examination process.
- Possess normal visual functions and acuity in each eye, correctable to 20/20 with eyeglasses.
- Be free from any physical defects, chronic diseases, organic or functional conditions or mental and emotional instabilities which may tend to impair the efficient performance of duties or which might endanger the lives of others or the individual employee.
- Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s or a basic commercial driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- AT THE TIME OF CERTIFICATION TO THE DEPARTMENT FOR FINAL INTERVIEW AND HIRING CONSIDERATION, CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS:
- A. A current State of Michigan Paramedic License or National Registry EMT - Paramedic, and be currently ACLS certified.
- A State of Michigan Firefighter II Certificate or equivalent certification in a state that has reciprocity.
More information from the City of Livonia here.